Business Start-up and Growth
Running a business is a great challenge, from starting-up through to sustained growth and a potential exit there are hurdles every step of the way.
Where in your business would you like a second opinion? On what issues would you like an independent view, or what challenges would you simply like additional input on?
I have 20+ years business experience I would like to share with you. In a small company environment my experience covers:
- General Management
- Full business plan preparation
- For investment
- For day-to-day business operations
- Complete Finance department management
- Profit and Loss analysis
- Balance Sheet review
- Product profitability review
- Marketing Plan
- Who is your target market, how big is that market, how will you attract them?
- Assessing the options, completing directly or engaging with relevant suppliers on social media, PR, email campaigns, direct mail, exhibitions, PPC etc.
How can we work together?
- Business Mentoring
- Project Management
- Part-time FD
I think of this as the CEO sounding board. You know your company well, you have built it to where it is today – how much more could you achieve if you had an experience consultant working with you to set challenging goals and then helping to ensure you achieve them.
If you would like an on-going business consultant to support you we can talk through what structure best suits you.
When is the last time someone sat down with you and asked key strategic questions about your business. A business review is an in-depth look at your business strategy and operations. From finance through to marketing and sales.
- What is your vision?
- How are you presenting your business to the market place?
- Are you profitable? How do your prices compare to your competitors?
- Are you meeting all your targets, indeed are you setting appropriate targets?
- What is your gross margin, per product?
- Have you completed a forecast cashflow for at least the next 12 months?
- Are you aware of any cash shortfalls and how to finance them?
- Are you currently marketing your business numerous ways? If its less then five distinct methods of marketing you are undoubtedly missing out on increasing your sales.
- Are you segmenting your market place to make sure you have identified your ideal target customer and how to attract them?
- What’s stopping your business moving fully in the direction that you expect? Having an experienced consultant work with you gives a new perspective on your business and can help drive profitability.
If you have a one-off project that needs an experienced hand to guide it from start to finish I am happy to talk through the details to ascertain the details and figure out if I can help you. If I can’t, i’ll happily point you to another resource if that is appropriate.
Part-time Finance Director
Is your business of a size where you would like to have an outside input on all the accounting elements?
From system set-up to reviewing profitability and cashflow; from business plan preparation (including detailed forecasts) through to outsourcing your day-to-day book keeping, a part-time FD allows you the input of a very experience finance professional without the associated costs.